Plan Your Trip
Directions & Hours
5350 Moaning Cave Rd, Vallecito, CA 95251
Spiral Cave Tour Hours:
- Monday-Friday: We are open 11am to 5pm, daily. First tour leaves at 11am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
- Saturday-Sunday: We are open 10am to 5pm. First tour leaves at 10am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
- Special holiday hours: Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve the first Spiral Tour is at 10am and the last Spiral Tour is at 1pm. Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve the Gift Shop will close at 2pm. The entire park will be closed on Christmas Day.
Expedition Tour Hours:
- The Expedition Tour may be available on weekdays by special arrangements for groups of 4 or more with at least 48 hours notice. Please call our office between 9-5, 7 days a week.
Zip Line Hours:
- October 1st through December 22nd, 2019: The Zip Line will be open Thursday and Friday 11am-4pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm and closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with the exception of Veteran’s Day, Monday November 11th, 10am-4pm.
- November and Thanksgiving Week: Please note that the Zip Line will be open Thursday- Sunday 10am-4pm on Thanksgiving week and closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The park will close early on Thanksgiving Day with the last Zip Line at 1pm.
- Special Holiday Hours Starting December 23, 2019: The Zip Line will be open every day until January 5th, 2020 with the exception of Christmas Day when the entire park will be closed. Open Monday-Sunday 10am-4pm. The last Zip Line is at 1pm on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve.
- January 6th, 2020 through March 16th, 2020: The Zip Line will be open Thursday and Friday 11am-4pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm and closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with the exception of Monday January 20th (MLK Day) and Monday February 17th (President’s Day) when it will be open 10am-4pm.
*Operational hours are subject to change. Please call to confirm 209-736-2708.
Turn right onto Parrotts Ferry Road. Turn right onto Moaning Cave Road. Moaning Caverns will be at the end of the road.
From Angles Camp
Turn right onto CA-4 East, turn right onto Parrotts Ferry Road, turn right onto Moaning Cave Road, and Moaning Caverns will be at the end of the road.
Take Hwy CA-4 West, turn left onto Parrotts Ferry Road, turn right onto Moaning Cave Road, and Moaning Caverns will be at the end of the road.
Head north on Broadway Street/Parrotts Ferry Road, continue to follow Parrotts Ferry Road, turn left onto Moaning Cave Road, Moaning Caverns will be at the end of the road.
We recommend that you do not completely rely on a GPS unit, or similar navigation systems to help find your way to our caverns.
We have had several instances when visitors have missed their tour times due to following a navigation system. Sometimes these systems will choose what it thinks is the best route, but in actuality it is the worst – taking drivers onto back roads that are not well marked and take longer to negotiate.
In addition to poor directions, the other issue with the navigation systems is that the signal gets dropped, especially when you get closer to our sites in the foothills. Now you have no idea where you need to turn without the system working.
Therefore, we recommend that you do some research before heading our way – study a map to know the best route so if the navigation system tells you to go a certain way and your research showed otherwise, ignore the system! We want you to arrive on time so you don’t miss the experience you have planned.
Bringing a printed map with you is highly recommended.
Check out our FAQ page for common questions, or give us a call!