Plan Your Trip
Directions & Hours
5350 Moaning Cave Rd, Vallecito, CA 95251
Spiral Cave Tour Hours:
- Monday-Friday: We are open 11am to 5pm, daily. First tour leaves at 11am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
- Saturday-Sunday: We are open 10am to 5pm. First tour leaves at 10am. Last tour leaves at 4pm.
- Special Martin Luther King Jr. Day Hours: On Monday January 20, 2020 the first Spiral Tour will leave at 10:00 am and the last Spiral Tour will leave at 4:00 pm.
Ticket sales will close five minutes prior to the start time of a tour. Last minute additions are at the discretion of the ticket sales counter. Once a tour has begun, no more tickets will be sold for that tour time.
Expedition Tour Hours:
- The Expedition Tour may be available on weekdays with special arrangements for groups of 4 or more with at least 48 hours notice. Please call our office between 9-5, 7 days a week.
- The Expedition Tour is available by reservation on Saturdays and Sundays during the winter season.
Zip Line Hours:
- Sorry folks, our Zip Line is closed for the season. Please check back with us next season for opening dates! Check out our cool cave tours if you’re looking for some fun!
We hope we don’t miss you but please note that the Gift Shop may close early on days when we don’t have late tours scheduled. Thanks for understanding!
*Operational hours are subject to change. Please call to confirm 209-736-2708.
Turn right onto Parrotts Ferry Road. Turn right onto Moaning Cave Road. Moaning Caverns will be at the end of the road.
From Angles Camp
Turn right onto CA-4 East, turn right onto Parrotts Ferry Road, turn right onto Moaning Cave Road, and Moaning Caverns will be at the end of the road.
Take Hwy CA-4 West, turn left onto Parrotts Ferry Road, turn right onto Moaning Cave Road, and Moaning Caverns will be at the end of the road.
Head north on Broadway Street/Parrotts Ferry Road, continue to follow Parrotts Ferry Road, turn left onto Moaning Cave Road, Moaning Caverns will be at the end of the road.
We recommend that you do not completely rely on a GPS unit, or similar navigation systems to help find your way to our caverns.
We have had several instances when visitors have missed their tour times due to following a navigation system. Sometimes these systems will choose what it thinks is the best route, but in actuality it is the worst – taking drivers onto back roads that are not well marked and take longer to negotiate.
In addition to poor directions, the other issue with the navigation systems is that the signal gets dropped, especially when you get closer to our sites in the foothills. Now you have no idea where you need to turn without the system working.
Therefore, we recommend that you do some research before heading our way – study a map to know the best route so if the navigation system tells you to go a certain way and your research showed otherwise, ignore the system! We want you to arrive on time so you don’t miss the experience you have planned.
Bringing a printed map with you is highly recommended.
Check out our FAQ page for common questions, or give us a call!